Rainforest of the Sea (INR 3000) is a water foundation by Tarte Cosmetics with an SPF 15. The foundation comes in an array of 21 shades, this review being based on the shade ‘light honey’.
Product Description: A lightweight, full-coverage hydrating foundation with a promise of lasting for 12 hours. It claims to provide a moisture-rich coverage featuring 20 percent of water in the formula. Perfect for dry skin.
Packaging: The foundation is packaged in a beautiful ‘violet-indigo-blue’ colour combination with detailed description about the ingredients, warnings and directions to use. The bottle is made of frosted glass with a cap displaying an ombre effect. I love the entire packaging of the product. The only drawback here is the dropper that it comes with, which is complicated and annoying!
Consistency and Coverage: Being a water-based foundation, it is a tad bit runny with a thin consistency. The coverage provided varies from medium to light and for me is perfect for everyday use. It does not feel heavy on your face at all. For more coverage, a second layer can be applied. Unlike many famous foundations, this one does not make your face look cakey. It blends well both with a damp beauty blender and a flat top kabuki brush. The negative here is that an oily skin will require a touch-up every 3-4 hours, as the foundation tends to make the skin look over-glossy. Those looking for a matte finish can give this product a skip.
Personal Pros and Cons:
- Lightweight on the skin.
- Great blendability.
- Gives an absolutely no-makeup natural look with a single layer.
- Comes in a wide range of shades.
- Does not cake-up even after it’s been on for over 12 hours (based on my experience with being lazy and not washing it off before sleeping).
- Decent coverage.
- Lovely packaging.
- It’s not been tested on animals!
- Horrible dropper, which is totally pointless and looks messy whenever you try to use it (going by a Virgo’s opinion, give it a skip if you like organized and tidy products).
- Need touch-ups for T-Zone every couple of hours.
- The price!!! I ended up paying over INR 6000 for one bottle (Shipping charges + Customs).
Final Thoughts: Overall, I like this foundation, particularly for everyday use. Ignoring the cons, it is a good purchase for those with dry skin. Even Huda Kattan is a fan! Give it a go if you want decent coverage while feeling almost nothing on your face. Recommended!
Dupe: L’Oreal Pro Glow Foundation.